Transform your life into a celebration
You can tap into design for your inner transformation.
Supported with Meditation techniques, Design can make you:
- More creative
- More intelligent
- More beautiful
- More aware
- More loving
- More delightful
Fascinatingly, it will also have the same effect on the world around you.
In your professional and personal life, you increasingly find challenges to which you have no answers. In the face of such demanding situations, all your education, skills, upbringing, and experience seem to pale.
In moments like these you seek a new kind of breakthrough. One which sparkles with tremendous brilliance, innovation, wit, and imagination.
For instance, as experienced by Sonia, who attended the first workshop in August 2016
Or by Tanya from Australia, as she reflects on her breakthroughs on the banks of a holy river in India
Design is the fundamental knack of finding such breakthroughs in your life: Of seeking responses which are creative, intelligent, and outstanding.
This creativity and intelligence that Design awakens in you, can transform your life into a celebration.
As Osho says:
“Creativity is the quality that you bring to the activity you are doing. It is an attitude, an inner approach – how you look at things.”
But first, we must awaken Design, and hence the path of meditation.
Why? As a species, a human is a ‘design animal’. Take the inner ability to design both our life and our world away from us, and we won’t survive for a second. Our ability to think in design is already embedded in each one of us. We just have to awaken it, and apply it to every challenge that we face in our life.
What You Take Home
1. Meditations: You learn creative, juicy techniques of meditation that help you:
- Dissolve stress
- Calm your mind
- Seek peace
- Fight depression and bring joy
- Make you more creative and playful
2. Eight-fold Path of Design: More details about this unique methodology, and how it will help you, below. You learn how to apply it successfully through a few group and individual exercises and design-challenges from life.
3. Five Dimensions of Your Life in Focus: You then bring your attention to each of these ‘Five Dimensions’ of your life:
- Inner Growth
Identify either the top-most challenge you face, or a goal you wish to achieve, in each one of these areas. You may also choose to just focus on one or two dimensions of your life. You then accept these as design challenges and apply the Eight-fold Path of Design to each. Your challenges remain confidential to you by default, unless you wish to share. The energy and support of the group comes together to accelerate you. As your creativity awakens, you will start finding the path that will eventually lead you to solutions and answers. Some of you might just go home with creative, innovative breakthrough answers to your life’s problems and challenges. Solutions you thought were impossible. This is exactly what happened to participants in the previous event.
4. The Magical Book
This book is special and magical. It is only given to participants of the ‘Awaken’ workshops and events. Exclusively. A few pages contain a print of a hand-written calligraphy sentence or two. Participants treasure this mysterious and fascinating book. It is only decoded by you, and the profound meaning of each unique page can only be understood when your meditation goes deep. Participants treasure this little book. Some have kept this little book in their bags, and whenever they seek inspiration or insight into a situation, they simply refer to it.
Eight Fold Path of Design
The eight-fold path of Design reveals its meaning within the retreat. This is just a hint or a tease:
1. Call of the Design-Koan
2. Discover the 21-Petalled Lotus of Design
3. The Inward Revolution
4. The Invocation
5. Dhai Akhar Design Ka
7. The Melting
8. Go To The Kindergarten
Peak At the Agenda
Here is the schedule of being spontaneous
Venue: Alsisar Mahal, Rajasthan
Can you feel the pull? Among the chic and hipster, Alsisar Mahal is famous across the world for the annual ‘Magnetic Fields’ festival that they host on music and arts . Meditators need an authentic retreat deep in the roots of spiritual India. Soul-seekers need an enchanting resort with a soul. And we need a user-experience that indulges each one of us with impeccable service. The Alsisar Mahal is where the body, mind, and soul may find a new equilibrium through our meditation and design, merging with their user-experience design, fresco arts, and love of aesthetics and design.
The heritage palace is located in the royal state of Rajasthan, which is also renowned for its centuries of mysticism and mystic schools, as well as for its rich arts and culture. The resort has beautiful frescos and paintings adorning its walls, in the regional style of the Shekhawati region where it belongs.
The interiors and furnishings are exquisite and impeccable. They express a fine aesthetic sensitivity and honour the roots of Indian culture.
The food is delicious and awakens the senses to sensual aromas and fine taste.
In the meditations, let go of the stress in your mind. In the swimming pool at this oasis of calm, let go of the tensions in your body. As you swim under the sky, surrounded by the chirping of birds, you may feel blessed to hear the soulful call of the peacock nearby.
During our breaks coffee art design meditation and nature come together
The path among the clouds. The Badal Mahal makes for a dramatic setting for us to celebrate over dinner our day of meditation
The resort is about 245 KM from Delhi, and takes between 5 to 6 hours by road. For those arriving from across India, the nearest airport is in Jaipur. More info in the sections further down below.
The Alsisar Mahal has rooms, each beautifully furnished with rich tapestry and heritage furnishings. No two rooms are the same. Each is distinct, and offers a unique and ethnic experience. Likewise, the bathrooms are spacious and luxurious.
The Buddha Is In the Details
As is evident from the photos, the venue has been chosen after a 3-day recce trip across the region in Rajasthan. Every aspect of the journey has been evaluated so we may all try to have the smoothest experience possible.
- Routes distances, and landmarks have been verified
- Possible places en-route which have clean and hygienic restrooms especially for women, have been documented
- Opening-hours of pit-stops for food, with air-conditioning, a choice of cuisines and even coffee, marked
- The Alsisar Mahal has air-conditioning in every room and hall so you may lounge in comfort
- 24-hours backup generators automatically step in within 10 seconds. You may check their website for further facilities and details
- Ultimately, it is about meditation. It is invaluable to remember all of us are just striving to dissolve and disappear together into meditation.
Special Notes for our 4Days/3Nights Retreat
- Vegetarian meals only. Eggs may be ordered for breakfast. Other meals may have eggs as their ingredients, and will be marked by the resort.
- Smoking may be permitted during breaks, restricted to specially designated smoking areas
- No drugs, firearms, weapons, allowed
- Clothing: Please wear comfortable, easy, clothes in which you may indulge in activities especially dancing. Yoga stretch pants and similar sports clothing preferred
- As the body releases toxins, a few meditators may wish to shower twice or thrice a day for that priceless feeling of freshness. If you’re one of them, you may wish to carry extra clothing with you. You may want to pack a small travel iron if you wish, depending on your clothing. Yes, full laundry services are available at the resort
- We check-in by Thu, 25 July 2019
- Check-out Sun, 28 July 2019
- The drive from Delhi is estimated to be between 4 to 6 hours.
- For those interested to travel together in our group, we will arrange for an air-conditioned and comfortable vehicle with driver from Delhi and back.
- For participants arriving from across India, the nearest airport and train-station is Jaipur. You may book a cab from there to head directly to the resort. Or, you may arrive at Delhi by 24th and then proceed to head together with the group the next day at dawn
4-Step Evaluation Test for Participants
This retreat is exclusive and carefully curated. With participants limited to between 8 to 20 maximum, numbers will intentionally tend to be on the lower side.
Step 1: Check if you pass the eligibility criterion.
Step 2: If so, you need to fill up an online form which may ask you some basic questions for assessment.
Step 3: If you do not pass the assessment test we will inform you via email. If you do pass, we will set up a telephone-interview and/or a video-conf interview with you. Usually lasts 15 minutes.
Step 4: If you pass the interview, your name will be added to the short-listed candidates. Bookings are usually first-come-first-served primarily, and then processed through other filters.If you get through you will have to make your payment via online transfer promptly.
Godspeed to you!
- Above the age of 18
- From any background, under-graduate onward
- Need not have any demonstrative creative skills
- Physically healthy and fit as this is filled with physical activities especially dancing, and various other movements. As the body releases toxins, some participants may wish to shower lightly twice or thrice a day. Don’t worry, there are generous periods of rest and relaxation, as well as unwinding too 🙂
- Medium of communication: English
- You must have an open mind and a receptive heart, and be willing to explore light, fun-filled meditative techniques.
- Former Participants: Those who have attended any of my earlier workshops since 1994 on Design will love this one and so are welcome to apply. As such, you will find this one qualitatively different. It is filled with the love, romance and mysticism of Design. It focuses on you, and does away with the need to author any artwork
- Accommodation will be provided on a double-occupancy basis
- Children between 15 to 18 may be allowed on a very special case, with a parent, if the young adult shows their own inclination and intent and freedom to participate
- If participating with a relative, companion, lover, friend, or colleague, the other person must fill in their own independent assessment form, and we reserve the right to decline if required
- Each participant must stay through the entire duration of retreat so that the group bonding and energy among people grows stronger
- Please read through the Terms and Conditions for additional points
Fee Valid from 19 June 2019 to 7 July 2019: Rs 22,900 + GST[UPDATE: Sold Out within 7 days! Thank you Everyone]
- Early-Bird Fee Valid from 8 July 2019 to 13 July 2019: Rs 25,500 + GST
- Regular Fee Valid from 14 July 2019 to 21 July 2019: Rs 27,900 + GST
Note: Limited Registrations in each type, are on a first-come first-served basis. Expect registrations to sell-out days or even weeks before the mentioned dates
- The facilitator fees for conducting the ‘Awaken Your Creativity Through Design-Think’ program, including its collateral material and resources provided
- Accommodation At the exotic and beautiful Alsisar Mahal Palace in Rajasthan, on a double-occupancy basis for 4Days/3Nights
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and two tea breaks through the duration of the 4Days/3Nights booking
- Access to the hall for meditations and activities
- Access to all facilities normally made available free by the resort to guests
- Any snacks, drinks, you may order, payable directly by you to the resort
- Laundry. Payable directly to the resort by you
- Travel. Rates mentioned above
- On-road personal expenses: beverages, snacks, etc. Payable directly by you to vendor(s)
- Any extra service you may request from the resort, which is chargeable by them, to be settled directly by you
For those interested, air-conditioned and comfortable transport will be provided at Rs 3,000 per person, from a common starting point in Delhi to Alsisar Mahal and back. You may also reach the venue directly on your own if you wish, by or before the appointed time on Thursday.
This event is over. Would you like to be sent a single email or ping for the next? If so, please fill in this form:Ping Me
Who Is Niyam
Niyam Bhushan has been meditating since the 1970s and is an Osho disciple since 1980. This workshop, as is every aspect of his life and work, is inspired by the epic and magnificent vision of Osho.
Niyam Bhushan is also one of India’s leading design-thinkers and Design professional. This workshop is the flowering of his more than 32 years of work as a leading nationally and internationally-recognized creative professional in design. His work straddles print, graphics, video, sound, music, digital design, web, mobile, apps, user-interface, user-experience, color, typography, and more. In his diverse creative specializations, he has consulted with clients like Apple, Adobe, Intel, Google, Xerox, Living Media, Dorling Kindersley, and dozens more.
Niyam is a TEDx speaker, and loves teaching design, and also been a visiting faculty with National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), School of Convergence (SoC), and delivered talks, seminars, and workshops across academia in India. More recently he finds himself as a visiting faculty where Design, Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem-solving, and Business converge. Such as at his business-oriented course at Vedica Scholars, for alternative-MBA students.
Currently, Niyam is kickstarting a revolution in design across India, to bring design-consciousness within the country. As of Jun 2019, he has conducted 43 workshops on design across 8 locations in India, and mentored around 200 startups and various corporates and enterprises through design and design-think.
Get A Single Reminder For The Next Event
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant must be respectful, sincere, and sensitive towards others
- All rules for guests by Alsisar Mahal must be respected and followed. Alsisar Mahal reserves the right to cancel a guest’s stay if they are found to violate their rules
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry a valid Photo ID and address proof
- The fees must be paid 100% in advance, by electronic transfer, against the invoice raised directly by us, within the fees stipulated time-frame (Super Early Bird, Early Bird, or Regular)
- Fees once paid will not be refunded, whether before, during, or after the retreat
- If for any reason, we cancel or reschedule this retreat before commencement, fees will be refunded in full if the new schedule is not suitable to you
- Offer subject to force majeure conditions
- We hold no liability, indemnification, or responsibility for any loss, theft, injury, or any type of harm
- All disputes subject to Delhi jurisdiction only